Saturday, January 31, 2009

Man at work


One of the things you get to look forward to, being a new parent, is planning the nursery: colors, themes, etc. Stacy and I are very excited to get started on our little boy's room. However, there are some things that must get done first.

We discovered after a large rain last year that we were getting water in the basement. After a big melt this winter, more water came in, so we knew there was a problem. Permaseal came out and discovered that there was a crack in our foundation that needed to be filled. Problem was, they were not allowed to get at the crack. Solution? I got to tear out the wall! My father-in-law came over and taught me to remove dry wall. Next thing you know, I have a hole in my basement that I tore out all by myself. The crack has been filled, and now I get to re-drywall the hole and refinish the area. Theres nothing like tearing out and putting in drywall to make you feel like a man. After this, the baby room will be no problem at all!

No comments: